Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wedding Bells!!!

Disclaimer:: This note is not meant to demean any of my married or about to be married friends.. I am very happy for you and wish you all the happiness.. But this is dedicated to all my single friends who are bearing the brunt of the deeds that u guys have done!!!
You know what?? XXXX is getting married!!!
Guess What!!! I am getting married!!!
Tada - XXXXX has updated his/her Relationship Status to married/engaged/commited

Since past year and half have been hearing from friends, collegues about them getting hooked, engaged and married..Off lately I have been hearin this words way too often... While i feel happy for all my friends who are getting hooked the question which ticks me off is when they end the conversation by asking - So when are you getting MARRIED? This 'M' word really gets to me!!! I cant understand the logic behind that question!! Is it because you know you are putting your happiness and freedom on stake that you want to wish to see all happily single people married!! Within a span of one year so many friends of mine have changed their display pics.. From being the self obsessed narcissism they have changed it to oh choo sweet couple pics!!! When I see that, the only thing which pops in my mind is WHY D HECK??

The worst one comes when you are at a social family gathering! The only reaction you get is - Oh My god u are all grown up... When are you inviting us to your wedding... ( the thing that goes in my mind is - Wht made you think i would never grow up!! and u wish to see me sacrificed to the fire gods just for the heck of a free meal!!)

The rare and extinct species of my single friends is quickly diminishing and I wish I can run a campaign similiar to 'Save the Tiger' :) Recently I was chatting up with a friend who is fortunately Hapy and Single!! and because he is male his expiry date has some more additional years as compared to the ones we females have! Now he was also cribbing about the noose getting tighter round his neck and my heart goes out to him... Coz as your age limit crosses 25 the number of profiles on various matrimonial sites and marriage bureaus increase too.. In case u are smart and lucky enough to catch hold of someone who you can bear for the rest of your life and is approved by your parent you can feel spared from the public humiliation of being paraded off as an eligible bachelor by friends and family..

PS: I am still single and very happy with my life..Dont try and mess it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment